If you suffer from eczema around eyes you should know now that, the itchiness can be unbearable. The itchiness seems very strong at night, and without you knowing it, you will be waking up with red skin, due to the rash and scratching of the skin during the night. These are the common experience of eczema sufferers.
But not to worry just like any other known skin infections, eczema can be cleared from around the eyes or on any other part of the body.
What you will have to do is to know what it is that is causing your eczema infections or triggers and also know the best way to stop it from appearing on your skin again in the future.
Listed below are some simple home remedies you can use to combat your eczema on eyes infection.
Treatment for Contact Dermatitis Around The Eyes:
As i first mentioned, before you can win against eczema, you will have to know first what it is that is causing eczema to appear on your skin. For most people suffering from eczema, the common trigger or cause is cosmetics products applied on the eyelids or an allergic reaction to any external factors like chemicals etc.
Other common cause of eczema is a poor eating habit or an allergic reaction to certain foods or drinks that your body system may not have accepted.
So based on these common causes of eczema it will be wise to start off with a good and healthy eating habit. Here are some recommendations on how to tackle your eczema infection properly.
1. Oat meal: Eating of oatmeal and other good diets for breakfast can help to prevent the outbreak of eczema on your skin. You can also use oatmeal to stop the itchiness and irritation of the eczema on eyes.
To do this simply fill up a bath of warm water with 2 cups oatmeal and then soak yourself in it. You can do this a couple of times until the itching and irritation stops.
2. Vitamin E: You can also stop the itching of the infection by taking vitamin E tablets or capsules. Although the taking of these capsules will not give instant result, it will have to enter the blood stream to take effect on the body system, before you stop feeling the urge to scratch.
Adding these pills to your medications will also help prevent and get rid of the infection.
3. Tomato juice: It will be beneficial to your body and health when you go for tomato juice and natural orange juice. They are full of nutrients and vitamins that help rebuild the epidermis and also prevent any infection.
4. Dairy Products: You should avoid eating dairy products for few weeks to see how that affects the look of the body.
People that already have puffiness around eyes or eczema infection, most at times when they stop taking dairy products have been able to stop the constant itching sensation.
5. Clothing’s: Cloths that are made of cotton can really make a difference as well. Always make sure you wear outfits that are fashioned from cotton.
Related to that is the use of laundry detergents and additives such as fabric softeners.
If you or anyone in your family have eczema, always buy laundry detergents that are unscented. They are simply mild to the skin and will cause less irritation.
Living with eczema around eyes can seem challenging at times, but do not despair it can be cured.